Viewing the list of created categories
Oct 22, 2023
You can view the list of created application categories.
The following categories are displayed in the list of created categories:
- Categories created in Kaspersky Security Center.
- Categories added in the Application Control task settings using the command line.
- The GoldenImage category created using the Inventory Scan task (in Kaspersky Endpoint Security policy or using the command line).
To view the list of created application categories, execute the following command:
kesl-control [-A] --get-categories
Kaspersky Endpoint Security displays the following information about the application category:
- Unique identifier (GUID) of the category
- Category name
- Category description (if any)
- The list of conditions for including a file or directory with files in a category
- The list of conditions for excluding a file or directory with files from a category
If in the Application Control task settings in the [Categories.item_#] section for including or excluding conditions for triggering a rule you specify symbolic links to an application file or directory with executable files, then when viewing the list of program categories for these conditions, the source path to which the symbolic link refers will be displayed.