Importing Device Control rules from XML file
August 3, 2023
To import the Device Control rules:
- Open the Device Control rules window.
- Click the Add button.
- In the context menu of the button, select Import rules from XML file.
- Specify the method for adding the imported rules. To do so, select one of the options from the context menu of the Import rules from XML file button:
- Add to existing rules, if you want to add the imported rules to the list of existing ones. Rules with identical settings are duplicated.
- Replace existing rules, if you want to replace the existing rules with the imported ones.
- Merge with existing rules, if you want to add the imported rules to the list of existing ones. Rules with identical settings are not added; the rule is added if at least one rule parameter is unique.
The standard Microsoft Windows Open window opens.
- In the Open window, select the XML file that contains the settings of the Device Control rules.
- Click the Open button.
The imported rules will be displayed in the list of the Device Control rules window.