Configuring Backup settings
Aug 21, 2023
To configure Backup settings:
- In the main window of the program web interface, open the management console tree and select the Backup section.
- Click any link to open the Backup settings window.
- In the Backup maximum size field, specify the maximum hard drive space that can be taken up by Backup.
A value of 100 MB or greater is recommended.
- In the Free space threshold to notify about field, specify the Backup free space threshold that triggers a notification to the administrator of Kaspersky Security 8 for Linux Mail Server.
- Select one of the following options in the Allow delivery of infected messages list:
- Yes, if you want to allow delivery of infected messages from Backup to recipients.
- No, if you do not want to allow delivery of infected messages from Backup to recipients.
This setting applies to the HelpDesk account. A user under the Administrator account can deliver messages from Backup to recipients regardless of the value of the Allow delivery of infected messages setting.
- Select one of the following options in the Actions to take on messages if Backup is unavailable list:
- Process messages if you want the program to continue processing messages regardless of Backup availability.
- Temporary fail if you want the program to send a notification if Backup is temporarily unavailable.
- Reject messages if you want the program to reject messages when Backup is unavailable.
- In the Notification subject for delivering message as an attachment field, enter the subject of the notification. For example, Message delivery from Backup.
- In the Notification body for delivering message as an attachment field, enter the text of the notification. For example, you can enter a warning stating that the message delivered from Backup may be unsafe or contain viruses.
- Click the OK button.
The Backup settings window closes.