USB Recover tool in Kaspersky Rescue Disk 18
Latest update: June 28, 2022 ID: 14221
Do you want to prevent infections? Install Kaspersky for Windows
Kaspersky for Windows protects your digital life with technologies that go beyond anti-virus.
The USB Recover tool restores the functioning of a keyboard, mouse, or USB devices in case of issues caused by incorrect removal of a Kaspersky solution.
The use of the USB Recover tool may cause malfunctioning of the operating system.
To recover the USB devices:
- On another computer with a functioning keyboard and mouse, write the image of Kaspersky Rescue Disk to a USB drive or CD/DVD. For instructions, see this article.
- On the computer where the problem occurred, start Kaspersky Rescue Disk. For instructions, see this article.
- In Kaspersky Rescue Tool, click Tools. Click USB Recover.
- Click Start scan.
- Click OK.
- Choose the folder to export the file with the changes in the registry keys. In case of problems, you will be able to restore the initial data from this file.
- Enter the file name and click Оpen.
- When the scan is completed, click Close.
USB devices will function correctly.