Software Cleaner in Kaspersky Security Cloud
The article refers to Kaspersky Security Cloud — Family and Kaspersky Security Cloud — Personal.
Kaspersky Security Cloud detects the applications you may want to uninstall for the following reasons:
- Show anonymous messages or banners.
- Installed together with another program.
- Hide their operations and ways how to close them.
- Installed without your consent.
- Provide false information.
- Rarely used.
If you install an adware application (it can be installed together with an application such as a browser), Kaspersky Security Cloud will show the notification offering to remove it.
How to run a search for unused applications
- In the main window of Kaspersky Security Cloud, click More Tools.
- If you don’t know how to open the application window, see this guide.
- In the Tools window, click Software Cleaner.
- Run the analysis.
- If Kaspersky Security Cloud detects unused applications, it will show the link to the list of detected items in the Software Cleaner window. Click the link to view the list of detected applications.
- To delete the unused applications, click the corresponding button.
- To remove applications you use from the list, click Hide. Kaspersky Security Cloud will add it to the list of exclusions and will not offer to remove it again.
What to do in case of removal errors
If Kaspersky Security Cloud failed to remove the application and returned an error:
- Log in to the administrator account on your computer.
- Check if the application you are trying to delete is running. If it is running, stop it.
- Delete the application with regular Windows tools.
- Restart your computer.
Also, the application may not be deleted due to the Windows Installer service issues. The list of possible issues is available on the Microsoft Windows support website.
If the error persists, send a request to the technical support of the vendor or Microsoft.