Secure Connection in Kaspersky Security Cloud
The article refers to Kaspersky Security Cloud — Family and Kaspersky Security Cloud — Personal.
Use Kaspersky Secure Connection to protect your credentials and private information when you shop online or use social networks. Kaspersky Secure Connection is installed automatically with Kaspersky Security Cloud.
When you connect to a wireless network, Kaspersky Secure Connection checks the connection and, if the network is vulnerable or dangerous, offers to establish a secure connection. Click Enable protection to establish the secure connection.
Kaspersky Secure Connection will establish the secure connection and show the corresponding notification.
Kaspersky Secure Connection hides your real IP address and location transfers the data via the secure channel.
How to run Kaspersky Secure Connection
- In the main window of Kaspersky Security Cloud, click Secure Connection.
- If you don’t know how to open the application window, see this guide.
- In the Secure Connection window, click Open.
- To enable or disable the secure connection, click the switch.
How to activate Kaspersky Secure Connection
By default, Secure Connection works in a limited mode. 200 MB of traffic is available per day. When the limit is exceeded, the corresponding notification is shown.
Possible Secure Connection issues
When Kaspersky Secure Connection does not work, the notification Secure Connection is not available is displayed in the window.
- Check the Internet connection.
- Temporarily switch off the firewall.
- If you another application which has already established the VPN connection is running on your computer, close it.
- Contact your Internet services provider to learn if your network settings allow secure connection.
Limitations of Secure Connection
Secure connection is established automatically when you open HTTP-versions of dating websites, social networks, mailboxes, banking websites, and booking websites, if this is enabled in the connection rules of Kaspersky Secure Connection.
If the option of establishing secure connection at the application startup is selected in Kaspersky Secure Connection, secure connection is established automatically when you open HTTP-versions of dating websites, social networks, mailboxes, banking websites, and booking websites.