How to enable Protection against screen lockers in Kaspersky Security Cloud
The article refers to Kaspersky Security Cloud — Family and Kaspersky Security Cloud — Personal.
Screen lockers are malicious programs that display a banner on the screen which cannot be closed and demand a ransom for removing it.
If you see a banner with a demand that you send a text message or make a money transfer to unlock the computer, use a keyboard shortcut that will cause Kaspersky Security Cloud to detect and remove the screen locker.
How to unlock the screen using a keyboard shortcut
If your screen is locked by a screen locker, use the preset key combination.
If you have not set custom key combination, press CTRL+ALT+SHIFT+F4 to remove the banner.
Next, run a Full Scan.
Ho to configure protection against screen lockers
By default, Protection against screen lockers is enabled.
To set the key combination:
- In the main window of Kaspersky Security Cloud, click the gear icon .
- For the guide on opening the application window, please refer to this article.
- In the Settings view, go to Protection and select System Watcher.
- Make sure that the check box Detect and close screen lockers is enabled In the System Watcher settings window.
- Set the shortcut that will enable Kaspersky Security Cloud to detect and remove screen-locking ransomware.