Private Browsing in Kaspersky Security Cloud
The article refers to Kaspersky Security Cloud — Family and Kaspersky Security Cloud — Personal.
When you browse websites, their owners collect information about your activity to offer you targeted ads based on your preferences.
The Private Browsing component of Kaspersky Security Cloud blocks collection of the information about the user. By default, Kaspersky Security Cloud allows data collection on all websites. If you want to block data collection, change this in the Kaspersky Security Cloud settings.
Private Browsing is compatible with the following browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 – 11 versions (except IE 10 and IE 11 in the new-style Windows interface)
- Mozilla Firefox 43 – 50
- Mozilla Firefox ESR 38 – 47
- Google Chrome 45.x – 55.x
- Microsoft Edge
How to deny data collection for websites
- Open the settings of Kaspersky Security Cloud by clicking the gear icon in the lower-left corner of the main window.
- For the guide on opening the application window, please refer to this article.
- Go to Settings → Protection and click Private Browsing.
- In the Private Browsing settings window, select Block data collection.
Blocking data collection may make some of the websites inoperable. By default, such websites are added to the list of exclusions which is regularly updated. To view the list of such websites, click the Incompatible websites link. To block data collection on such websites, clear the check box Allow data collection on incompatible websites.
- If you want to allow data collection for a website, add it to exclusions. Click Categories and exclusions.
- In the Categories and exclusions window, clear the check box from a category or add a website to the list by clicking Exclusions.
How to view the statistics of blocked data collection requests in Internet Explorer
Private Browsing works through the Kaspersky Protection plug-in. The plug-in is added to your browser after the installation of Kaspersky Security Cloud. If there is no Kaspersky Protection icon in your browser, then the plug-in is disabled. To enable it:
- Right-click the area around the address bar and select Kaspersky Protection Toolbar in the menu.
- Enable the plug-in.
- The Kaspersky Protection plug-in icon will appear. To view the statistics on blocked requests, click the plug0in icon and expand the drop-down list.
In the statistics window, you can add the open website to the list of exclusions. Click Allow data collection or open the Private Browsing settings in Kaspersky Security Cloud.