Installing the application
December 13, 2023
Installation of Kaspersky Security consists of the following steps:
- Installation of the Kaspersky Security administration plug-in(s) and Integration Server.
Regardless of the selected application usage option, you need to install the Kaspersky Security main administration plug-in, Integration Server, and Integration Server Console.
If you want to use the application in multitenancy mode, you need to also install Kaspersky Security administration plug-in for tenants.
When the Kaspersky Security Center Administration Console starts for the first time after the Kaspersky Security administration plug-ins are installed, the Quick Start Wizard for the managed application is automatically started. The Wizard lets you create default policies and tasks.
If the Quick Start Wizard for the managed application was not started automatically, it is recommended to start it manually. Default policies let you register events and display protected virtual machines in the Kaspersky Security Center Administration Console immediately after installing the application.
- Configuring the settings for connecting the Integration Server to one or more virtual infrastructure administration servers.
- Registering Kaspersky Security services in VMware NSX Manager:
- If you want to install the File Threat Protection component, you need to register the file system protection service (Kaspersky File Antimalware Protection).
- If you want to install the Network Threat Protection component, you need to register the network protection service (Kaspersky Network Protection).
The settings required for registration and deployment of Kaspersky Security services are entered through a Wizard that is started from the Integration Server Console. When you have finished entering the settings, Integration Server registers the Kaspersky Security services in VMware NSX Manager.
You can verify that Kaspersky Security services are registered successfully in VMware NSX Manager Web Console or in VMware vSphere Client console (depending on the type of VMware NSX Manager you use: VMware NSX-T Manager or VMware NSX-V Manager).
- Deploying SVMs with Kaspersky Security components and configuring protection settings in the virtual infrastructure.
After the application is installed, prepare it for operation: activate the application on all deployed SVMs, make sure that the application databases are updated on all deployed SVMs, and configure the application operation settings by using a policy.
If you want to use the application in multitenancy mode, configure protection of tenant organizations after the application is installed and prepared for operation.