Deploying SVMs with the File Threat Protection component in the infrastructure managed by VMware NSX-T Manager
December 13, 2023
To deploy SVMs with the File Threat Protection component:
- In the VMware NSX Manager Web Console in the System → Service Deployments section, on the Deployment tab, in the Partner Service field, select the Kaspersky File Antimalware Protection service.
- Click the Deploy Service button and specify the deployment settings as follows:
- Service Deployment Name – an arbitrary name for the deployment.
- Compute Manager – VMware vCenter Server to which VMware NSX-T Manager is connected.
- Cluster – VMware cluster on which you want to deploy SVM with the File Threat Protection component.
- Data Store – storage for SVM deployment.
- Networks – network settings for all SVMs that will be deployed on hypervisors. You can specify network settings using the Set link. Specify the following settings:
- Network – network to be used by SVMs.
- Network Type – method of assigning IP addresses. By default, SVMs receive network settings via the DHCP protocol. You can configure a static pool of IP addresses that will be used for assigning IP addresses to the SVMs.
- Deployment Specification – configuration of the SVMs with the File Threat Protection component that will be deployed on hypervisors (Small, Medium or Large).
- Deployment template –
- Click Save and wait until deployment of Kaspersky File Antimalware Protection service finishes.
If deployment of Kaspersky File Antimalware Protection service completes successfully, the
Up value is displayed in the Status column. The hypervisors of the selected VMware cluster have SVMs of the selected configuration with the File Threat Protection component deployed.
After the deployment finishes, you can change the SVM configuration at any time by deploying an SVM of a different configuration from the set of SVM images registered with Kaspersky File Antimalware Protection service. To do this, open the available actions menu by clicking the button to the left of the deployment name, select the Change Appliance action, in the window that opens select the SVM configuration and click Update. Previously deployed SVMs will be removed from the hypervisors and new SVMs of the selected configuration will be deployed. After completing the procedure, activate the application on all new SVMs and make sure that the application databases are updated.