Initial configuration for compatibility of Kaspersky Security for Virtualization 6.1 Agentless with VMware Cloud Director 10.3.0
During the installation of Kaspersky Security for Virtualization 6.1 Agentless, its Integration Server configures the lists of protocols and cipher suites that are allowed on the system. New cipher suites and the protocol version that are used in VMware Cloud Director 10.3.0 are not allowed by default.
To make Kaspersky Security for Virtualization 6.1 Agentless compatible with VMware Cloud Director 10.3.0, configure the settings for the operating system and the Integration Server according to the instructions below.
Step 1. Add additional cipher suites to the system
- Open the registry editor. To do so, type regedit.exe in the Windows search bar and press Enter on the keyboard.
- Open the registry branch: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Cryptography\Configuration\SSL\00010002
- Add to the Functions parameter the additional cipher suites separated with a comma: TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256, TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384.
- Restart the system.
The additional cipher suites will be supported.
Step 2. Change the version of the VMware Cloud Director protocol in the Integration Server
- Open the configuration file using the path:
%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky VIIS\viislaservice.exe.config
- In the file, find the following line:
- Set the value to 34.0:
- Restart the Integration Server.
The protocol version in the Integration Server will be changed.