How to install Kaspersky Total Security 2018
Download Kaspersky Total Security 2018
Click the Download button to get the latest version of Kaspersky Total Security 2018.
Before starting the installation:
- Make sure your computer meets the system requirements for Kaspersky Total Security 2018. For more detailed information about the system requirements for Kaspersky Total Security 2018, see this article.
- Check whether there is another Kaspersky Lab product or incompatible anti-virus application installed on your PC. For more information about applications that are incompatible with Kaspersky Total Security 2018, see this article.
- Remove any incompatible software that is detected. To do so, use a utility for removing third-party software.
- Close all running applications.
- Download the installer from the Kaspersky Lab website and run it.
- Wait until the latest version of the application is found, or else click Skip.
- Click the link to read through the Kaspersky End User License Agreement.
- Review the agreement and click Back.
- Click Continue.
- Click the link to read through the Kaspersky Security Network Statement.
- Click Back to continue the installation.
Kaspersky Secure Connection will be installed alongside Kaspersky Total Security 2018 to ensure your Internet connection is secure.
- Read the message about the installation of additional protection components and click Install.
- Enable the recommended settings and click Apply.
- Wait until the application has installed and click Done.
- To review the application’s features, click Continue. Otherwise, click Skip.
Kaspersky Total Security 2018 is now installed. To learn how to activate Kaspersky Total Security 2018, see this article.
Installation via the command prompt
- Download the installer from the Kaspersky Lab website.
- Run the command prompt as an administrator:
- In the Windows search bar, type cmd.
- Right-click Command Prompt in the search results and select Run as administrator.
- In the User Account Control dialog, click Yes.
- In the command line, enter the address of the installer, as well as a command to start the installation with the necessary parameters and properties. For more information about installation parameters and properties, see the table below.
- After entering the command, press Enter on the keyboard. Kaspersky Total Security 2018 will begin installing with the parameters you have selected.
- Finish installing the application by following the instructions in the Setup Wizard.
|non-interactive (silent) mode without displaying dialog boxes
|used to specify an installation property
|KTS220.127.116.115.en-EN.exe /pALLOWREBOOT=1 /pSKIPPRODUCTCHECK=1
|opens the help dialog box
|denotes administrative installation during which installation files are copied to a specified network folder
|sends statistical reports in silent mode when the parameter /pAGREETOEULA=1 is set
|blocks the notification that the computer should be restarted after the installation has been successfully completed
|defines the path to the file with the installation log
|allows you to set the tracing level for the installation process (possible values: 1, 2, 3, where 1 is the minimum value)
|selects the language used when installing the multi-language version
|stops installation steps being displayed if they recommend installing additional applications
|starts product removal
The most important installation properties:
|applies an activation code
|indicates the user's consent to the License Agreement
|indicates the user's consent to participate in Kaspersky Security Network
|used to specify the installation folder
|KTS18.104.22.1685.en-EN.exe /p"INSTALLDIR=C:\Documents and Settings\kis2018"
|used to protect certain functions of the product with a password If the value of the KLPASSWDAREA parameter is not set, the default password scope is used:
|defines the scope of the password specified by the KLPASSWD parameter:
The option may have multiple values. In this case, the values are separated with a semicolon.
|enables the product's Self-Defense during the installation
|allows restarting the system if it is necessary
|skips the check for applications incompatible with Kaspersky Total Security 2018
By using the SKIPPRODUCTCHECK=1 parameter, you assume responsibility for the possible consequences of the Kaspersky Lab product's incompatibility with other applications.
The SKIPPRODUCTCHECK=1 parameter only allows you to ignore applications that must be removed manually.
allows the computer to reboot and skips the incompatible software check.
How to install and activate the product on multiple computers
- Purchase one Kaspersky Total Security 2018 license for multiple computers.
- Install Kaspersky Total Security 2018 on each computer. To learn how to install Kaspersky Total Security 2018, follow the instructions above.
- Activate Kaspersky Total Security 2018 on each computer. To learn how to activate Kaspersky Total Security 2018, see this guide.
- Update the databases for Kaspersky Total Security 2018. If you are not sure how to update the databases, see this guide.
- Check your computer’s protection status in the main window of the application. If you are not sure how to open the application, see this guide.
- Run a full scan of your computer. To learn how to run a full scan, see this guide.
What to do if an error occurred during installation
Errors can occasionally occur when installing Kaspersky Total Security 2018. You can find instructions on how to solve these issues in the General articles: Activation errors section.
If the issue persists, submit a request to Kasperky Lab technical support via the My Kaspersky portal. Please include a detailed description of the issue. For instructions on using My Kaspersky, see the Online Help page.