How to install Kaspersky Total Security 2018 without removing incompatible software
Upon starting the installation process, Kaspersky Total Security 2018 scans your computer for incompatible software. We recommend removing all incompatible software. If the installation wizard detects an antivirus application that you have already removed, skip this step.
The 2018 application versions can be installed on top of versions 2009–2017, retaining the settings and license information. You therefore don’t need to remove previous versions.
How to remove incompatible software during installation
- In the “Incompatible software detected” window of the installation wizard:
- To manually remove applications that cannot be removed automatically, click Remove manually. After you have manually removed the incompatible software, click the Update icon, and then remove the remaining applications.
- Select the check boxes beside applications that can be removed automatically, and click Remove selected.
- Kaspersky Total Security 2018 will remove incompatible applications. If for some reason an application was not removed, remove it manually. If you were unable to remove the application using the standard Windows tools, download a removal utility.
- Click Restart the computer.
- After rebooting the system, the installation of Kaspersky Total Security 2018 will continue automatically.
How to install the application without removing incompatible software
- At the Incompatible software detected step of the installation wizard, clear the check box of the detected application and click Continue.
- In the Warning window, click Continue.
How to skip the scan for incompatible software if you downloaded the application
- Create a shortcut for the Kaspersky Total Security 2018 installer you downloaded. To do so, right-click the installer and select Create shortcut from the shortcut menu.
- Right-click the shortcut and select Properties.
- Go to the Shortcut tab and add /pSKIPPRODUCTCHECK=1 to the end of the line in the Target field.
- Click OK.
- Double-click the shortcut to start the installation.
How to skip the scan for incompatible software when installing the application from a disk
- Insert the installation disk into the CD drive.
- Press and hold the Win and R keys on your keyboard.
- In the Run window, enter D:\install\setup.exe /pSKIPPRODUCTCHECK=1 in the Open field.
Here, D is the letter used by the CD drive. This letter might differ depending on your operating system settings, so enter the correct one manually.
- Click OK.
Kaspersky Total Security 2018 will be installed without scanning for incompatible software.