How to store your passwords securely with Kaspersky Total Security 2018
If you use a lot of different passwords or need assistance generating strong passwords for your accounts, use the Password Manager in Kaspersky Total Security 2018.
Kaspersky Password Manager generates strong passwords, encrypts them and then stores them in a secure vault. You can also synchronize these passwords accross all your devices. For authorization to access the database, a master password is used.
To start managing your passwords, download Kaspersky Password Manager from within the Kaspersky Total Security application window.
How to install Kaspersky Password Manager
- In the main window of Kaspersky Total Security 2018, click Password Manager.
- If you have problems opening the application window, see this guide.
- In the Password Manager view, click Download and install.
- After the installation file has downloaded, click Install.
- Run the installer. Select the interface language and click Continue.
- Click Install.
- Wait until the application is installed, and click Finish.
- Connect Kaspersky Total Security to your My Kaspersky portal account by entering your My Kaspersky login and password.
If you’re going to use Kaspersky Password Manager under a different user account, create it on the My Kaspersky portal or click Don’t Have Account Yet. Fill in the necessary fields and follow the instructions.
- Select check boxes of the browsers that you would like to use with Kaspersky Password Manager, then click Continue.
- Create a master password and click Done.
- Kaspersky Password Manager is ready to use.
For more information about using the application, see the Kaspersky Password Manager Knowledge Base.
What data Kaspersky Password Manager protects
- User accounts and their passwords.
- Private information concerning your credit cards, bank accounts, software license keys, identity cards and Internet connection credentials. You can use built-in templates for data types or create new ones.
- Personal data which is used for registration on websites. Kaspersky Password Manager provides this data for you automatically. To use the option, you just need to create an identity card.