Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool 2015 release notes
Do you want to prevent infections? Install Kaspersky for Windows
Kaspersky for Windows protects your digital life with technologies that go beyond anti-virus.
Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool version 220.127.116.11 was released on April 5, 2021.
We have reduced the number of supported operating systems.
Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool version 18.104.22.168 was released on February 24, 2021.
- We have reduced the number of supported operating systems.
- We have eliminated a potential vulnerability in the application's operation.
- We have updated the End User License Agreement.
The new version of Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool was released on June 9, 2020. The full version number is 22.214.171.124.
We have eliminated a potential vulnerability in the program's operation.
The new version of Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool was released on May 17, 2018.
Full version number is 126.96.36.199.
What is Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool
Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool is a free tool for scanning infected computers under Microsoft Windows for viruses and eliminating the detected threats.
Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool is not intended for long-term use as it does not protect your computer in the real-time mode. After the computer is disinfected, remove the tool and install the full-scale antivirus solution.
Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool does not have a database update option. Download the version of the tool with the latest databases from the Kaspersky website each time you need to use it.
How to download Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool
Download the installer from the Kaspersky website.
Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool does not have a database update feature. To get the application with the latest databases, download the application once again from the Kaspersky website.
Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool features
- The tool does not require installation or removal.
- The tool is removed once its main window is closed. All files generated by the tool are removed from the system.
- The tool can be run from a removable media or a network drive.
What’s new in Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool
- Detection of adware and riskware.
- Notifications on outdated databases.
- Files are backed up before disinfection or removal.
- Protection against system files deletion has been added.
- Prevention of false detections has been added.
- Improved collection of statistics for Kaspersky Security Network.
- Launch through the command line.