Scanning the computer
During the scan Kaspersky Anti-Virus searches for infected files and malware. There are several types of scans that vary in their search duration and scope.
- Full Scan. Scans all areas of the computer. This scan requires a lot of time to complete.
- Quick Scan. Scans objects that are loaded when the operating system starts as well as system memory and boot files. This scan does not require a lot of time to complete.
- Selective Scan. Scans the selected file or folder.
- External Device Scan. This option scans external devices that are connected to the computer.
- Scan from Context Menu. This option scans files from the context menu.
- Idle Scan. Background scan that is executed when the computer remains idle for five or more minutes.
- Vulnerability Scan. It scans the computer for vulnerabilities that malware could exploit to infect your system.
After you install Kaspersky Anti-Virus, we recommend that you perform a full scan of your computer.