Kaspersky Premium Support Plan Terms and Conditions
We welcome you as a Kaspersky Premium Support Plan Service customer. Kaspersky Premium Support Plan Service is powered by the Kaspersky Premium Support team (“Kaspersky Premium Support”).
Kaspersky Lab Switzerland GmbH will confirm receipt of your order and provide the Kaspersky Premium Support Plan Service (“Service”) only if (1) you accept the Service terms and conditions as stated herein (“Terms”), and (2) the Service is available at the time of request.
You accept the Terms herein by accepting provision of the Service and/or using the Service and/or completing your subscription to the Service online or by any other means, including telephone purchase in accordance with the terms of subscription for the Service. We may change these Terms from time to time without notice so you should review them each time that you use the Service to ensure you are familiar with and accept the terms that will apply at that time.
1. Description of Service
Powered by the Kaspersky Premium Support team, the Service provides remote technical support and assistance to home customers covering a wide range of questions and issues related to our home products only. Kaspersky Premium Support will not be able to assist with the use or installation of any non-Kaspersky application or any Kaspersky business customer software. Kaspersky Premium Support entitles you, the customer (“You” or the “Customer”), to the following services via remote support or phone support with a Premium Support Team member (“Service Agent”) during the term of Your subscription:
- Priority routing of phone calls and chat made through dedicated Premium Support phone number and chat link. Remote sessions will be provided exclusively via chat.
- Expert installation of Your Kaspersky software on Your primary Windows or macOS device (one device per year).
- Health Check on Your desired Windows device via a remote connection (one Health Check on one device per year). Health Check includes assessment of the hardware and software on the device, as well as promotion of best practices with Your Kaspersky application(s).
- Malware Removal on Your Windows or macOS device protected by a Kaspersky Anti-Virus, Internet Security, Total Security, and Security Cloud (“Antivirus Software”). You acknowledge the limitations stipulated in section 5. “Scope of Services”, as well as the requirement that Antivirus Software must be installed and running on the infected device prior to the removal request.
- Remote connections to Your Windows or macOS device, which can be initiated by Kaspersky Premium Support within the Premium Support chat link provided post purchase.
The Premium Support subscription term is one (1) year from the date of Service purchase unless the plan is included as part of a Kaspersky Premium product where the subscription term would coincide with the length of an active product license.
You acknowledge that the provision of Service will be solely made through a dedicated Premium Support phone number and a dedicated Premium Support link for chat and remote connection, both of which will be delivered to you post purchase of Service. Any contacts to support made through regular channels will not be considered for Premium Support, including any submissions made through the https://my.kaspersky.com portal.
Premium Technical Support will be provided via phone, chat and remote session during business hours (Local Time - except select holidays). Major holidays excluded are Christmas and at other times at Kaspersky Premium Support’s discretion.
Local phone numbers for the Service are available in Australia, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Puerto Rico, Russian Federation, South Africa, Spain, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States of America and Venezuela. Chat is available in all countries where the Service has been launched.
2. Customer Responsibilities
You acknowledge, accept, and agree that no software or service is error-free and You are advised to frequently back up Your devices to another device or location with the frequency and reliability suitable for You. You also agree to:
- Follow the procedures and fulfill the requirements that Kaspersky Premium Support provides;
- Comply with the Service Agent’s instructions, including permitting the Service Agent to send You utilities to run on the device, or remotely connect to the device at the Service Agent’s discretion;
- Back up Your device hard disk drive and/or other storage devices You may have before Your session with the Service Agent begins;
- Be responsible for any loss, alteration or corruption of Your data, software or files;
- Ensure Your device meets all requirements and specifications required for each hardware or software application installed;
- Ensure that You have all legal rights, including copyrights for all software and other files on Your device.
- Assume responsibility for problem resolution due to third party hardware or software compatibility issues.
- Defend, indemnify and hold harmless Kaspersky Lab Switzerland GmbH and its affiliates and subcontractors (including Kaspersky Premium Support) from and against any and all liabilities, damages, claims or proceedings arising out of Your failure to comply with acts or omission including non-compliance with any of the above.
3. Refund Policy
You may cancel the Service within thirty (30) days of the date You ordered the Service if You have not used it, and obtain a refund. To qualify for this refund (by way of credit to the card used for purchase), You must contact Kaspersky Customer Services (https://www.kaspersky.com/about/contact) within thirty (30) days of purchase and request a refund of the fees You paid for the Service. After that period, no refund will be available (except as otherwise required by law). To qualify for this refund no Service(s) should have been provided during the thirty (30) day period. The Service is offered on a "Best Efforts" basis and no refund is payable arising from any issue not successfully resolved after the Service Agent’s provision of the Service in good faith.
Your right to use the Service is not transferable. You may not use the Service in connection with any sharing arrangement, on behalf of any third-party or with respect to any device not owned by You or software program not installed on devices owned by You.
5. Scope of Service
Kaspersky Premium Support will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide You with the Service. However, You acknowledge that not all problems can be diagnosed or corrected easily, and some may require You to return Your device to its original state or reload the operating system or application software; to reload Your personal settings and data; or to work with a third party hardware or software vendor to resolve the problem.
The Customer acknowledges that Kaspersky Premium Support may not be able to solve the Customer’s particular problem, and shall not be held liable in any way for not having resolved the problem.
In the course of providing the Service, Kaspersky Premium Support may determine that the issue is beyond the scope of the Service, and shall not be held liable in any way for such determination.
6. Cancellation of Service
Kaspersky Premium Support may, at its sole discretion, cancel the Service, in which case You will be entitled to a refund for any unused prepaid Service period.
7. Kaspersky Premium Support Warranties
Kaspersky Premium Support warrants that it will perform the Service using reasonable care and skill.
THESE WARRANTIES ARE YOUR EXCLUSIVE WARRANTIES AND REPLACE ALL OTHER WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME COUNTRIES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN THAT EVENT, SUCH WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED IN APPLICATION TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. NO WARRANTIES APPLY EXCEEDING THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
You agree that under these Terms all information provided by You, including over the telephone or electronically, is non-confidential. If You intend to provide any confidential information, You will indicate that to the Service Agent and no such confidential information shall be disclosed unless under a signed confidentiality agreement. In the event that You choose to disclose any information without a signed confidentiality agreement, You waive all claims that the information is confidential.
KASPERSKY LAB SWITZERLAND GMBH AND RELATED COMPANIES (INCLUDING EMPLOYEES AND THE KASPERSKY PREMIUM SUPPORT) AND IF APPLICABLE SUBCONTRACTORS, SUPPLIERS, OR SOFTWARE DEVELOPERS OF KASPERSKY LAB SWITZERLAND GMBH OR RELATED COMPANIES, WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING EVEN IF INFORMED OF THEIR POSSIBILITY: 1) THIRD-PARTY CLAIMS FOR DAMAGES; 2) LOSS OF, OR DAMAGE TO, DATA; OR 3) SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR INDIRECT DAMAGES OR FOR ANY ECONOMIC DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS, BUSINESS, REVENUE, GOODWILL OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS. SOME COUNTRIES OR JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN THAT EVENT, SUCH EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. NO EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SHALL APPLY EXCEEDING THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
If any provision of these Terms is deemed unenforceable or void, the remaining provisions will continue to be in effect. Nothing in these Terms affects any statutory rights of consumers that cannot be waived or limited by contract.
9. Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
9.1. These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Switzerland.
9.2. No action, regardless of form, arising out of these Terms may be brought more than one (1) year after the cause of action has occurred, or was discovered to have occurred.
9.3. Any claim, action or dispute arising under or relating to these Terms will be brought exclusively in (and the parties will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of) the courts of Zurich (Kreis 1), Switzerland.