Features of Kaspersky applications for home compared
This article concerns:
- Kaspersky Security Cloud
- Kaspersky Internet Security
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus
- Kaspersky Total Security
- Kaspersky Free
All Kaspersky security solutions ensure basic protection against most common threats: malicious programs, dangerous files, applications, and websites. However, these solutions have different additional features. See this article for more information about the differences.
A free application Kaspersky Free provides basic protection for your computer. To learn more about Kaspersky Free protection components, see Online Help.
Compared to the extended version of Kaspersky Anti-Virus, in Kaspersky Free you will not be able to perform the following actions:
- Contact Kaspersky Customer Service by phone or through My Kaspersky if you experience any problems. For more information about Kaspersky Free support, see this article.
- Manage computer protection through My Kaspersky. This feature can be useful if you have installed the program on the computer of the relatives who live apart and then want to remotely check the protection status or run a scan task on that computer.
The program can only be installed on a Windows-based PC.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus includes all Kaspersky Free protection components and further lets you manage protection through My Kaspersky. If you experience any problems, you can contact Kaspersky Customer Service by phone or through My Kaspersky.
Like Kaspersky Free, the program can only be used to protect a Windows-based computer.
Kaspersky Internet Security
Kaspersky Internet Security includes all Kaspersky Anti-Virus features and provides additional protection for your computer and data. For example:
- Protects online transactions.
- Prevents data collection on websites.
- Blocks ads.
- Controls the actions of applications running in the operating system.
You can install Kaspersky Internet Security on a Windows, MacOS, or Android device.
For a detailed comparison of Kaspersky Anti-Virus and Kaspersky Internet Security features, see the Kaspersky website. For the description of Kaspersky Internet Security protection components, see Online Help.
Kaspersky Total Security
Kaspersky Total Security includes Kaspersky Internet Security features and further allows you to perform the following actions:
- Backup your files regularly to avoid data loss.
- Move your personal data to a data vault and lock the vault.
- Protect your passwords.
- Protect your children from harmful content and control their digital life.
For a detailed comparison of Kaspersky Internet Security and Kaspersky Total Security features, see the Kaspersky website.
Kaspersky Security Cloud
Kaspersky Security Cloud contains the same features as Kaspersky Total Security and further uses adaptive security technologies that adjust to your needs, for example, hard drive health monitor, account check, and Wi-Fi network scan.
You can install Kaspersky Security Cloud on a Windows, MacOS, iOS, or Android device.
To learn more about Kaspersky Security Cloud and Kaspersky Total Security differences, see this article. For more information about Kaspersky Security Cloud features, go to the Kaspersky website.