How to activate Online storage
October 3, 2023
To activate Online storage:
- Open the main application window.
- Select the Performance section.
- In the Backup and Restore block, click the Select files button.
The Backup Task Creation Wizard starts.
- In the data type selection window, select the data category or manually specify the files that you want to back up.
- In the storage selection window, select the Online storage option and click the Activate button.
An Internet connection is required to create an Online storage.
A Dropbox account login dialog opens.
- In the window that opens, perform one of the following operations:
- Complete registration if you are not a registered Dropbox user.
- If you are a registered Dropbox user, log into your Dropbox account.
- To finish Online storage activation, confirm that Kaspersky application is allowed to use your Dropbox account for backing up and restoring data. Kaspersky application places backup copies of saved data in a separate folder that is created in the Dropbox storage folder for applications.
After Online storage activation has been completed, the storage selection window opens. It contains a selection of online storages to choose from. For the activated Online storage, the application shows the amount of used space and the amount of free space available for data storage.
When copying files to Dropbox, Kaspersky application does not differentiate between uppercase and lowercase letters in the name of a file and/or name of a path to the file. Therefore, when attempting to create backup copies of files whose names and/or paths differ only by their case, Kaspersky application creates only one backup copy because a conflict arises in Dropbox.