About Private Browsing
October 3, 2023
Available only in Kaspersky Standard, Kaspersky Plus, and Kaspersky Premium.
Some websites use tracking services to collect information about your Internet activities. This information is then analyzed and used for the purpose of showing you ads.
The Private Browsing component is designed to prevent the collection of information about your online activity.
In detection mode, the Private Browsing component detects and counts attempts to collect data and writes this information in a report. Detection mode is enabled by default, and data collection is allowed on all websites.
In blocking mode, the Private Browsing component detects and blocks attempts to collect data, and information about these attempts are written in a report. In this mode, data collection is blocked on all websites except:
- by websites added to exclusions
- by websites of Kaspersky and its partners
- by websites that may be rendered inoperable as a result of tracking services being blocked, according to information available to Kaspersky
The counter of blocked attempts to collect data displays the total number of blockings across the entire site depending on how many site pages are open in the browser. If one page is open in the browser, only blocked attempts to collect data on this page of the site are counted. If several pages of the same site are open in the browser, the blocked attempts to collect data on all pages of the site opened in the browser are counted.
You can manage the Private Browsing component via Kaspersky application interface or with the help of the Kaspersky Protection extension in your browser.
Private Browsing has the following limitations:
- The application does not block data collection by the tracking service of the "Social networks" category while you are on the website of the relevant social network.
- If the web page from which the data collection attempt originated could not be determined, Kaspersky application does not block this data collection attempt and does not display information about it.
- If the web page from which the data collection attempt originated could be determined but could not be matched to any web page currently open in the browser, Kaspersky application applies the action specified in the Private Browsing settings (blocks or allows data collection). The application displays information about the data collection attempt in reports but does not include this information in the Private Browsing statistics displayed in the browser.
By default, the component is disabled.