Error updating Windows 10 to version 10586 on computers with Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 installed
Latest update: June 12, 2018 ID: 12628
When you try to install Windows 10 November Update version 10586 (TH2) on a computer with Windows 10 version 10240 (RTM) and Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 Service Pack 1 Maintenance Release 2 for Windows (version 10.2.4.674) installed with no full-disk encrypton used, the update will blocked with the notification on Windows update incompatibility with Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10.
The issue has been fixed by Microsoft in the update KB3124261.
How the update is performed:
- The administrator runs the update installation.
- The installation wizard will request the permission to download the updates before installation.
- The administrator allows downloading updates.
- The wizard downloads the updates.
- Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 is verified for compatibility.
- The installation of Windows 10 November Update version 10586 (TH2) starts.
If you are using full-disk encryption, you will need to decrypt the system before installing Windows 10 November Update version 10586 (TH2).