How to get autopatch installation logs of Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows
Latest update: June 15, 2018 ID: 9344
If you experience problems installing (applying) a Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows patch, a patch installation trace file may be necessary for troubleshooting.
To get an autopatch installation task trace file:
- Open Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows.
- In the lower part of the application window, click Support.
- In the Support window, click System trace.
- In the drop-down list, select the trace level. Ask the support engineer about the tracing level to set. If the support engineer did not give you any instructions about the trace level, select Normal (500).
- Click Enable to start collecting traces.
- Run the Update task with the Update application modules option enabled.
- Wait for the patch installation to complete or an error to occur.
- Restart the computer if the installation is completed.
- Upon the system restart, disable traces in Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows.
Trace files are created under the names KESPatch.log and KESPatchMSI.log in the %ProgramData% folder:
- For Microsoft Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows Server 2008 R2: <your drive>:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\;
- For Microsoft Windows XP / Windows Server 2003: <your drive>:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\.
Send the generated file to Kaspersky Lab technical support. Add the description of your issue to the request.