How to get an update log or trace file of Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows
Latest update: June 12, 2018 ID: 9345
In case of update issues in Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows, you may need an update task trace file for troubleshooting.
To get an update task trace file:
- Open Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows.
- In the lower part of the application window, click Support.
- In the Support window, click System trace.
- In the drop-down list, select the trace level. Ask the support engineer about the tracing level to set. If the support engineer did not give you any instructions about the trace level, select Normal (500).
- Click Enable to start collecting traces.
- Run the update task to reproduce the issue.
- Wait until you capture the abnormal behavior of the application.
- Disable tracing.
Trace files in text format are saved in the %ProgramData% folder under a unique name of the following format: [Application_version]_[Creation_date]_[Creation_time_GMT]_PID.HST:
- For Microsoft Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows Server 2008 R2: <your drive>:\ProgramData\Kaspersky Lab\;
- For Microsoft Windows XP / Windows Server 2003: <your drive>:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\.
Attach the trace file to your request to Technical Support.
To delete the trace file, exit Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows, delete the file from the %ProgramData% folder and then run the application again.