What happens once the license for Kaspersky Security 10.x for Windows Server has expired
After the term of a commercial license has ended, Kaspersky Security 10.x for Windows Server continues to run with limited functionality:
- The databases are no longer updated. The application will run using the databases from the last update made while the license was still valid.
- All tasks will be stopped, except for Real-Time File Protection, On-Demand Scan, Application Integrity Control.
- Starting new tasks will no longer be possible, except for Real-Time File Protection, On-Demand Scan, Application Integrity Control. These tasks will keep working using the old anti-virus databases.
- Automatic Exploit Prevention task will work with limitations:
- Processes will be protected until they are restarted.
- New added processes will not be protected.
Kaspersky Security 10 for Windows Server will start showing expiration notifications 14 days before the license expires.