Kaspersky Security 10.1 for Windows Server (version 10.1.0.622): build with the integrated patch and fixes for the Console and the Administration plugin
The build with the integrated patch KB14306 and fixes for remote and local management tools is available for Kaspersky Security for Windows Server version 10.1.
|May 16, 2018||Release of the integrated build and management tools for version 10.1.0.622.|
|September 13, 2018||Release of the new version of the integrated critical fix KB14306.|
|September 25, 2018||Release of the management tools for version 10.1.0.661.|
If you haven’t upgraded Kaspersky Security 10 for Windows Server to version 10.1, you can use this build for migration to the new version and simultaneously apply the fixed installation files for updating the management tools of version 10 or 10.1.
The build with integrated patch KB14306
The build includes all fixes from patch KB14306 and installation files fixes:
- The issue of Untrusted Hosts Blocking migration has been fixed. The component for blocking compromised nodes in the network has been implemented as a task for version 10.0. The error of upgrading to 10.1 which caused incorrect migration of the feature and resulted in partially unavailable Untrusted Hosts Blocking task.
During installation of this version on top of version 10.0, some parts of the Untrusted Hosts Blocking fail to migrate.
- Critical installation errors which caused the installation failure or incorrect installation of application tasks and modules has been fixed.
- False positive detections in the File Threat Protection component: the task Real-time file protection task has been intercepting th processes of Kaspersky Security Center modules installed on the protected server.
You can request this build from technical support.
Kaspersky Security 10.1 for Windows Server
- The error of opening the password dialog: now the dialog opens in the active window mode and is displayed on top of the Console window.
- Errors in color marking in the main node of the Console panel: now block is not marked red if the Anti-Cryptor and Device Control are not installed. The color of the block depends on the status of other components.
- The error that caused incorrect exclusions of some areas from the scope of the On-Demand Scan task.
Improvements and new features
- The mechanism of adding several processes to the Trusted zone at once has been improved: now you can delete or add processes in the preview list. The new processes added to the preview list do not replace the existing ones.
- The option of changing trust criteria for several processes at once while setting the exclusions for the Trusted Zone has been added.
- In the Applications Launch Control log, the events on blocking applications’ start due to running of the command interpreter with the empty command line are now registered.
- Sorting of log entries for tasks has been improved: the registered events can be sorted by the date of occurrence from new to old (new events are in the top of the lost).
- The option of running the Kaspersky Security service (KAVFS) using the button on the dashboard of the Kaspersky Security 10.1 for Windows Server Console. The button is available if the Kaspersky Security service is not running.
Management plug-in for Kaspersky Security 10.1 for Windows Server
- The error of setting exclusions for the Anti-Cryptor component has been fixed: now you can use the mask symbols for settings exclusions (e.g. for exclusing DOC files).
- The error of the task schedule settings has been fixed: now you can set the tasks to run “After Administration Server has retrieved updates”.
- The error during task creation with the parameters configured through the wizard has been fixed: now the schedule is set to run “After Administration Server has retrieved updates” for the update tasks by default.
- The error of migrating the notification settings during the conversion of Kaspersky Security Center policies from Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Servers Enterprise Edition version 18.104.22.168 to Kaspersky Security 10.1 for Windows Server has been fixed.
- The error during mass conversion of Kaspersky Security Center policies has been fixed. Settings of new components in the created policy did not correspond to the default values.
- Errors that occurred when generating policies for the new application version based on policies created for the old version have been fixed. When migrating a policy before installing the critical fix, the indications that the policy had been applied were not carried across (the closed lock in the policy properties in the Administration Server was open in the newly-generated policy).
- Errors that occurred when generating rules using masks have been fixed. In the amended version of the plug-in, you can set rules using masks:
- In the Traffic Security policy (for URL-based rules)
- In the File Integrity Monitor policy (for monitoring rules that use file paths)
Due to technical reasons a private fix cannot be exposed to the full cycle of tests that ensure software quality. AO Kaspersky Lab explicitly disclaims any guarantees regarding both features and quality of a private fix. If not explicitly stated otherwise, private fixes are subject to the End-User License Agreement (EULA) under which the respective Kaspersky Lab product is licensed, in particular the following exclusion and limitation of liability notice. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL KASPERSKY LAB (THE RIGHTHOLDER) OR ITS PARTNERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSSES AND/OR DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS OR INFORMATION, FOR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, OR OTHER PROPERTY DAMAGE) ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SOFTWARE, EVEN IF THE RIGHTHOLDER AND/OR ANY PARTNER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. BY DOWNLOADING AND INSTALLING THIS SOFTWARE THE USER CONFIRMS THAT HE/SHE HAS READ THESE NOTICES, THE RELEVANT EULA, AND IS AWARE OF THE POSSIBLE RISKS.
Kaspersky Security 10.1 for Windows Server Administration Tools (version 10.1.0.661)
Management plug-in for Kaspersky Security 10.1 for Windows Server (version 10.1.0.661)
If the private fix did not help, contact technical support.