Support Rules for Kaspersky Software
The Support Rules (hereinafter referred to as "Rules") for Kaspersky Software (hereinafter referred to as "Software") describe the technical support\customer service (hereinafter referred to as "Support") that Kaspersky provides to its Users. Kaspersky reserves the right to amend these Rules and will publish the updated versions at https://support.kaspersky.com/.
- 2.1. All Users have access to:
- Knowledge base:
- Support from Community experts. Community is a website where Support is provided by Users. Kaspersky provides this platform for communication and knowledge sharing between experts and Users, but does not guarantee that all requests published on the website will be resolved.
- Kaspersky Online Courses. This is a website where you can take online training.
- 2.2. The working hours of Kaspersky Technical Support\Customer Service depend on the country and the solution type:
Kaspersky Technical Support\Customer Service makes every effort to provide quality support within reasonable time, depending on the nature of the request. Obligations to respond within a fixed period of time can only be offered as part of paid services.
For some Software, Support terms and conditions may differ from the standard ones. Terms and conditions are available here.
- 4.1. Standard Support includes the following:
- 4.1.1. Processing requests related to software malfunction and regular database updates
- 4.1.2. Processing requests related to malware:
- a) False positives of Software
- b) Undetected malware
- c) Recommendations for disinfection of computers infected with malware
- 4.1.3. Assistance with recovering information about a lost or damaged license (if possible)
- 4.1.4. Consultations on the following questions:
- 4.2. Standard Support does not include the following:
- 4.2.1. Development of new Software functionality at the request of a User
- 4.2.2. Improving performance of and configuring a User's device
- 4.2.3. Disinfection of computers infected with malware (including mitigation of the effects of such infection) by Technical Support\Customer Service specialists
- 4.2.4. Malware description
- 4.2.5. Onsite Support and Remote Support sessions (can be bought as an additional service within Kaspersky Professional Services)
- 4.2.6. Assisting a User on the phone or via web chat while collecting data for analysis and/or application of recommendations
- 4.2.7. Questions regarding third-party applications and/or operating systems
- 4.2.8. Use of third-party patches for operating systems and applications to fix vulnerabilities
- 4.2.9. Integration of Kaspersky Software with third-party software
- 4.2.10. Configuring and checking Software performance by Technical Support\Customer Service specialists and advice on configuring network security (can be bought as an additional service within Kaspersky Professional Services)
- 4.2.11. Software training
- 4.2.12. Demonstration, deployment, and configuration of Software (can be bought as an additional service within Kaspersky Professional Services)
- 4.2.13. Analysis and provision of an official opinion on causes of a technical error
- 4.2.14. Analysis and investigation of the causes of incidents resulting from malware infection (can be bought as an additional service within Kaspersky Incident Response).
- 4.3. Kaspersky does not provide Support in the following cases:
- 4.3.1. Hardware and/or platform-specific software does not meet the minimum system requirements for Software.
- 4.3.2. Software version is no longer supported (support renewal can be bought upon request)
- 4.4. Kaspersky does not guarantee successful installation, stable Software operation, and resolution of problems in the following cases:
- 4.4.1. Installation is performed on an infected device.
- 4.4.2. Kaspersky Software is installed in a mixed environment together with other incompatible applications.
- 4.4.3. Software interruptions are caused by hardware issues.
- 4.4.4. Software interruptions are caused by incompatible versions of platform-specific software.
- 4.4.5. The User is unable or refuses to provide Kaspersky Technical Support\Customer Service with the information that is required to reproduce, analyze, and fix the specific problem.
- 4.4.6. The problem arose due to incorrect use or disregard of instructions provided by Kaspersky Technical Support\Customer Service or Kaspersky documentation.
- 4.5. Kaspersky provides Support under the following conditions:
- a) All commercial and freemium Software for home and mobile devices is supported regardless of the License status.
- b) A valid License is required for support of all commercial Software for small, medium and large businesses.
Some services that are not included in Standard Support may be offered as part of paid services.
Kaspersky provides Professional Services and Premium Support. The best experts of Kaspersky will help you with any tasks and difficulties you might come across when using security solutions.
- Detailed information on Professional Services is available here.
- Detailed information on Premium Support is available here.
The availability and content of paid services vary by region and local service providers.
Kaspersky guarantees the provision of Technical Support\Customer Service for the Software in accordance with the End User License Agreement ("Agreement") and these Rules.
Kaspersky Technical Support\Customer Service may ask the User to execute additional Kaspersky utilities (software tools) if this is deemed necessary for handling a request.
After processing a request and on a periodic basis, Kaspersky has the right to ask the User for feedback on the quality of service.
When communicating with Technical Support\Customer Service, the User must provide Kaspersky with timely responses, information about the purchased License, and any information reasonably necessary to properly process the request.
Feedback on the work of Technical Support\Customer Service can be submitted as follows: