How to enable or disable Self-Defense in Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2018
Latest update: October 21, 2022 ID: 13949
You may need to disable the Self-Defense component of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2018 to delete trace files generated by the application if they are taking up too much space on your hard drive.
Disabling Self-Defense partially limits the functionality of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2018 and lowers the level of overall system protection.
To enable or disable Self-Defense:
- In the main window of Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2018, click the gear button .
- If you have problems opening the application, see this guide.
- In the Settings window, go to Additional → Self-Defense.
- In the Self-Defense settings window, select or clear the Enable Self-Defense check box.
- In the Attention! dialog box, click Continue.
What to do if you cannot enable or disable Self-Defense
If you experience any issues with enabling or disabling Self-Defense in Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2018, submit a request to Kaspersky technical support by choosing the topic of your request.