"The application has been updated but old version files have not been removed" error
If when updating the application an error occurs with the message "The application has been updated but old version files have not been removed", save your license information and reinstall the application.
- Connect the application to your My Kaspersky account. See this article for instructions.
- If you use Kaspersky Small Office Security, connect the application to your account in Kaspersky Small Office Security Management Console. See the Online Help page for instructions.
- Download the latest version of the application from the Kaspersky website. For instructions on how to find out what application is installed on your computer, see this article.
- Remove the currently installed version using the removal tool. See this article for instructions.
- Install the latest version of the application.
- Connect the newly installed application to your account on My Kaspersky or in Kaspersky Small Office Security Management Console.
What to do if the solution didn't help
If you are experiencing problems uninstalling or installing a Kaspersky application, submit a request to Kaspersky technical support by choosing the topic of your request.
Technical support is not provided for Kaspersky Free. Try looking up a solution for your problem on our Forum or create a new topic.
If you require full technical support, buy an antivirus solution for home. For example, Kaspersky Internet Security.