How to view the devices connected to home Wi-Fi network with Kaspersky Security Cloud
The article refers to Kaspersky Security Cloud — Family and Kaspersky Security Cloud — Personal.
Be careful setting a password to your Wi-Fi network. If it is too easy, someone can get unauthorized access to your network. In this case,your Internet connection will get slow and your files and account details can be intercepted by criminals. Track the devices connected to your Wi-Fi network with Kaspersky Security Cloud to detect unauthorized access.
How to view connections to the Wi-Fi network
- In the main window of Kaspersky Security Cloud, click More Tools.
- For the guide on opening the application window, please refer to this article.
- In the Tools window, click Devices in my network.
- The window will show the name of the network to which you are connected. To view all connected devices, click Show devices in this network.
- In the window, your router, computer, and other connected devices will be displayed.
How to block the connection for a device
- View the Mac address of the device in the Devices in my network window.
- Block the Mac address of the device in the router settings. See the user guide for your router on the official website of the vendor.
How to disable notifications on new connections to the Wi-Fi network
- Open the settings of Kaspersky Security Cloud by clicking the gear icon in the lower-left corner of the main window.
- If you don’t know how to open the application window, see this guide.
- In the Settings view, click Protection → Firewall.
- In the Firewall settings window, clear the check box Show devices that are connected to your home Wi-Fi network.
How to set a strong password for your Wi-Fi network
Step 1. Disable WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup) on your router.
For instructions on how to disable WPS (Wi-Fi Protected Setup), see the manual provided by the vendor of the router.
Step 2. Change the password and the security type of the Wi-Fi network
Change the password and the security type of the Wi-Fi network
- Find out the model and the vendor of your device.
- Download the user manual for your router from the vendor's official website.
- Connect your router's control panel using the web browser.
- Find the menu item Manual setup / Advanced settings / Additional settings / Wireless network (the exact item name depends on the vendor and the device model).
- Select the item that may be named Wireless network security / Security settings / Wireless Security (the exact item name depends on the vendor and the device model).
- Select the WPA-Auto-Personal/WPA2-PSK security level and change the network security password by following the password security guidelines.
Step 3. Change the key and the security type of the Wi-Fi network in Windows
- Open the Control Panel in your operating system:
- In the window with all Control Panel, select Network and Internet.
- In the Network and Internet window, click Network and Sharing Center.
- In the left part of the Network and Sharing Center, click the link Change adapter settings.
- In the Network Connections window, double-click the Wireless network connection icon.
- In the Status window, click the Wireless properties button.
- In the Wireless network properties window, go to the Security tab.
- Select the WPA2-Personal security level and change the network security key by following the password security guidelines.
- Click OK.
- Close the Wireless Network Connection Status window.