How to configure password security checks in Kaspersky Security Cloud
The article refers to Kaspersky Security Cloud — Family and Kaspersky Security Cloud — Personal.
If you set a simple password for your email or social networking accounts, or if you use the same password on various websites, your accounts can be easily hacked and your personal data stolen. Use Kaspersky Security Cloud to make sure that your passwords are secure. When you enter your password on a website, Kaspersky Security Cloud will check it and tell you if it is not secure, or if it is already in use somewhere else.
To configure password checking:
- In the main window of Kaspersky Security Cloud, click the gear button .
- If you have problems opening the application window, see this guide.
- In the Settings → Additional window, select Password Security Check.
- In the Password Security Check settings window, select the check boxes beneath Check password strength and Protect against using the same passwords.
- Click Select website categories.
- Select categories of websites where Kaspersky Security Cloud will check your password.
- Delete passwords saved in your web browsers by clicking Delete saved data.
- Confirm that you want to delete the data.