Adaptation process of Kaspersky Security Cloud after upgrading Windows 7 to Windows 8/8.1/10
If you have upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 with Kaspersky Security Cloud installed, the application will start the adaptation process at first system boot.rotection will be paused but for File Anti-Virus and self-defense of registry files, and the major part of graphical user interface (GUI) will be unavailable until the next reboot.
When the adaptation is completed, you will be given a prompt to restart your operating system. Until you restart the computer, the following protection components will work with limitations:
- Application interface and startup processes protection within Self-Defense.
- System Watcher.
- Detection and disinfection of malicious software in system memory.
- Protection against file-encrypting malware and screen lockers.
- The following Safe Money features: clipboard protection, protection against unauthorized screenshots, and protection of the browser against external attacks.
- Application Control features of applying customer settings for some applications, categorizing new Windows style applications, and Microsoft Edge browser protection.
- Trusted Applications mode is limited in connection with Windows Program Data Updater service.
- Protection against Time-of-Check Time-of-Use (TOCTOU) attacks.