How to enable and configure Automatic Exploit Prevention in Kaspersky Security Cloud 20
Exploits are malicious programs that exploit computer vulnerabilities to install other malicious programs. Exploits most often attack browsers, as well as popular applications such as Adobe Flash, Java and Microsoft Office.
Kaspersky Security Cloud blocks exploits from running and protects the computer from further infection. The lists of applications with vulnerabilities are updated together with the anti-virus databases. For instructions on updating the anti-virus databases, see this article.
By default, Automatic Exploit Prevention is enabled and uses the settings recommended by Kaspersky Lab experts. You can change the protection settings if necessary. See the instructions below.
How to enable and configure Automatic Exploit Prevention
- In the main window of Kaspersky Security Cloud, click .
- To learn how to open the application, see this guide.
- Go to the Protection section and click System Watcher.
- Select the Monitor attempts to perform unauthorized operations checkbox.
- Select an action to be performed when a threat is detected:
- Select action automatically. The application automatically takes the action selected by Kaspersky Lab engineers.
- Allow action.
- Block action.
The Automatic Exploit Prevention settings will be applied.