How to install Kaspersky Small Office Security
- Make sure your computer meets the system requirements for Kaspersky Small Office Security.
- Ensure there are no applications on the device which are incompatible with Kaspersky Small Office Security. We recommend removing all incompatible software to ensure that Kaspersky Small Office Security works correctly.
- Close all running applications.
How to install Kaspersky Small Office Security from the installer
- Download the Kaspersky Small Office Security installer from the Kaspersky website or using the link in the email message you received from the online store.
- Install the application using the instructions.
- After the installation is complete, activate Kaspersky Small Office Security using these instructions.
How to install Kaspersky Small Office Security from the command line
- Download the installer from the Kaspersky website or via the link in the email message you received from the online store.
- Open the command line as an administrator. For details, see this guide.
- Enter the path to the installer and the command to start the installation with the desired parameters and properties. The installation parameters and properties are described below.
- Follow the instructions in the Setup Wizard.
Non-interactive (silent) installation mode. Dialog boxes are not displayed during installation.
This command applies only to a full installation file with a name like KSOS126.96.36.1991_ru-RU_full.exe.
Date of birth. You cannot install the application if you are under 16 years of age.
This parameter is:
|Select the language used when installing the multi-language version.
|The folder where the installation log will be saved.
|Specifies installation properties.
|ksos21.exe /pALLOWREBOOT=1 /pSKIPPRODUCTCHECK=1
|Opens the help dialog box.
Most important installation properties
|Enter the activation code.
|Confirms your consent to the End User License Agreement.
|Confirms your consent to provide your personal data for the purposes of improving application functionality.
|Confirms your consent to provide your personal data for marketing purposes.
|Specify the installation folder. This parameter can only be applied to Kaspersky Small Office Security.
|ksos21.exe /p"INSTALLDIR=C:\Documents and Settings\ksos21"
|To set password on certain application features. If the value of the KLPASSWDAREA parameter is not set, the default password scope is used:
Setting the administrator password and its scope is not supported.
|Defines the scope of the password specified in the KLPASSWD parameter:
The option may have multiple values. In such case, the values are separated with a semicolon.
|Enable the application Self-Defense during installation.
|Allow the computer to reboot if necessary.
|Skips the search for applications that are incompatible with Kaspersky Small Office Security.
|Don't start the application after installation if Windows has been booted in audit mode.
|ksos21.exe /s -oembackupmode
Install the application with terminal server support.
By using the SKIPPRODUCTCHECK=1 parameter, you assume responsibility for the possible consequences of the Kaspersky Small Office Security incompatibility with other applications.
The SKIPPRODUCTCHECK=1 parameter only allows you to ignore those applications that should be removed manually.
Example of the command which allows the computer to restart and skips the incompatible software check:
How to use the application on multiple devices
When purchasing a license for multiple computers:
- Install Kaspersky Small Office Security on all the devices.
- Activate Kaspersky Small Office Security on all the devices with the same activation code. For details, see this guide.
What to do in case of installation errors
You may encounter errors while installing Kaspersky Small Office Security. See the Installation errors section for troubleshooting guides.
If the issue persists, contact Kaspersky Technical Support.