Windows Update error when installing the .Net Framework
When you are installing the .Net Framework, the Windows Update error occurs.
Windows updates that are necessary for installing the .Net Framework have not been installed.
Restart the Windows Update service:
- Open the Control Panel and go to System and Security → Administrative Tools → Services.
- Right-click Windows Update and select Stop from the shortcut menu.
- Repeat step 2 for the Security Center service and the Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS).
- Open Windows File Explorer, find the folder C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution and rename it to SoftwareDistribution_OLD.
- Start the stopped services: right-click the service and select Start from the shortcut menu.
- Start Windows Update and install the latest Windows updates. If Windows Update does not work correctly, contact Microsoft technical support.
If restarting the services didn’t help, manually download and install the latest version of the .Net Framework for your operating system.
What to do if the issue persists
If the issue persists, contact Kaspersky Customer Service.
You can look up your problem on our Forum or create a new topic with a detailed description of the issue.
If you require full Customer Service, purchase one of the supported Kaspersky applications for home.