Issue of Kaspersky Security 11 for Windows Server compatibility with backup systems
Show applications and versions that this article concerns
- Kaspersky Security 11.0.1 for Windows Server (version 184.108.40.2067)
- Kaspersky Security 11.0.0 for Windows Server (version 220.127.116.110)
When Kaspersky Security for Windows Server performs ‘On-demand Scan’ or ‘Real-Time File Protection’ tasks, the last access date of the each scanned file is updated. After scanning, Kaspersky Security for Windows Server resets the last time when the file was accessed to the initial value before the scan.
It may affect the backup systems by causing the creation of backup copies for files that actually haven’t been changed. This can also cause false detections in file change tracking applications, e g. CommVault File Activity Anomaly Alert.
Disable resetting of the last access time after the file was scanned:
- Open Kaspersky Security Center.
- Go to Policies and open the properties of the Kaspersky Security for Windows Server policy.
- Click Application Settings in the left menu.
- In the Scalability, interface and scan settings section, click Settings.
- Open the Scan settings tab and clear the Restore file attributes after scanning check box.
- Click OK.