Error "Active infection: Failed to install Kaspersky application. Your computer might be infected."
Latest update: August 05, 2022 ID: 11102
This article concerns Kaspersky applications version 18.104.22.1685 and earlier:
- Kaspersky Security Cloud
- Kaspersky Internet Security
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus
- Kaspersky Total Security
- Kaspersky Small Office Security
- Kaspersky Free
- Installation wizard returns the error "Active infection: Failed to install Kaspersky application. Your computer might be infected.".
- Installation wizard won't start. Nothing happens when you double-click the installer.
- Installation wizard starts but fails after several steps.
- Setup wizard won't start after the application is installed.
Malware prevents installation of a Kaspersky application.
- Check your computer with Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool. For instructions, see this article.
- If using Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool didn't help, try checking your computer with Kaspersky Rescue Disk. For instructions, see this article.
- Check your computer for rootkits and bootkits using the TDSSKiller tool. For instructions, see this article.
What to do if the issue persists
If the above solution didn't help, contact Kaspersky technical support by choosing the topic and filling out the form.
Technical support for Kaspersky Free is not provided. You can ask a question about your issue on our Forum or look it up in the existing topics.
If you want full technical support, buy and install a supported Kaspersky application for home.