WildfireDecryptor tool for restoring files encrypted with Wildfire Locker
Latest update: June 09, 2021 ID: 13107
Do you want to prevent infections? Install Kaspersky Internet Security
In addition to antivirus protection, Kaspersky Internet Security provides protection of network connection, web camera, online payments, children from unwanted information, as well as the ability to block advertising banners, prevent data collection, search and install updates, delete unused applications.
Wildfire Locker ransomware encrypts files on a computer and makes them inaccessible. Use WildfireDecryptor to decrypt the files with the WFLX extension.
To avoid infection:
- Download and install Kaspersky Internet Security, which will protect your computer against screen-locking and file-encrypting malware.
- Follow the instructions in this article.
How to decrypt files with WildfireDecryptor
- Open the WildfireDecryptor.zip archive and extract the files from it using an archiving tool (for example, 7zip).
- Run WildfireDecryptor.exe on the infected computer.
- Read the Kaspersky End User License Agreement. Click Accept if you agree with its terms.
- Click Change parameters.
- In the Objects to scan section, select the drives you want to scan. To delete encrypted files after the scan, select the checkbox in the Additional options section.
- Click OK.
- Click Start scan.
- Specify the path to one of the encrypted files.
Files will be decrypted and their copies will be deleted.
- Information about the scan, click Details.
- A history of all scans performed previously, click Report in the top-right corner.
What to do if the tool did not help
If the tool didn’t help, contact Kaspersky technical support by choosing the topic and filling out the form.