Kaspersky RectorDecryptor tool for eliminating Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Rector
Do you want to prevent infections? Install Kaspersky for Windows.
To download Kaspersky RectorDecryptor for free, click Download.
Trojan-Ransom.Win32.Rector malware encrypts JPG, DOC, PDF and RAR files on a computer and demands ransom for decryption. To decrypt the files encrypted by malware, use the Kaspersky RectorDecryptor tool.
To avoid infection:
- Download and install Kaspersky Internet Security, which will protect your computer against screen-locking and file-encrypting malware.
- Follow the instructions in this article.
How to decrypt files with Kaspersky RectorDecryptor
- Download the Kaspersky RectorDecryptor tool.
- Run RectorDecryptor.exe on the infected computer.
- Carefully read the Kaspersky Lab End User License Agreement. Click Accept if you agree with all the points.
- Click Change parameters.
- Select the checkbox Delete crypted files after decryption to delete the copies of the encrypted files with VSCRYPT, INFECTED, BLOC or KORREKTOR extensions.
- Click OK.
- Copy the encrypted files to one folder (if folder extensions haven’t been changed by malware).
- Click Start scan.
- Specify the path to the encrypted file or to the folder with encrypted files.
Files will be decrypted and their copies will be deleted.
The report will be created on a system drive (usually, disk C:\). The report is saved under the following name: RectorDecryptor.Tool_version_Date_Time_log.txt.
How to use the tool through the command prompt
To view a list of the available command prompt parameters for the Kaspersky RectorDecryptor tool, use the command:
To use the tool from the command prompt, use the parameters in the table below:
What to do if the tool did not help
If the tool didn’t help, contact Kaspersky Customer Service by choosing the topic and filling out the form.
Free tools to detect and remove viruses