What are the signs of infection?
Latest update: February 10, 2020 ID: 790
Protect your digital life
Kaspersky for Windows protects your digital life with technologies that go beyond anti-virus.
- It shows unusual notifications or images or plays sounds.
- Applications start or connect to the internet without your consent.
- People from your contact lists receive messages from you that haven’t sent.
- Your mailbox contains many messages with no sender’s address or subject.
- Your computer often stops responding or works slowly.
- The operating system does not load when you start the computer.
- Files and folders may disappear, or you may be unable to open them.
- You get multiple notifications on system errors.
- Your browser stops responding or acts unexpectedly, e.g. opens pages or does not let you close the window or a tab.
What to do if you have notices these signs on your computer
If you notice any of the signs listed above, do the following:
- Update antivirus databases in a Kaspersky application and run a full scan of your computer.
- If updating is not possible or the application fails to remove a threat, use special disinfection tools. For instructions, see this article.
- If you have detected adware in your browser, remove it in one of the ways described in this article.
- If you know the type of infection, you can try using a corresponding tool from this list.