What are the signs of infection?
Protect your digital life
Apart from protection against viruses and threats, Kaspersky Internet Security features protection for your children against online threats and secures your internet connection, web camera stream, online payments. It also allows blocking banner ads and data collection and helps timely update your software and remove unused applications.
- It shows unusual notifications or images or plays sounds.
- Applications start or connect to the internet without your consent.
- People from your contact lists receive messages from you that haven’t sent.
- Your mailbox contains many messages with no sender’s address or subject.
- Your computer often stops responding or works slowly.
- The operating system does not load when you start the computer.
- Files and folders may disappear, or you may be unable to open them.
- You get multiple notifications on system errors.
- Your browser stops responding or acts unexpectedly, e.g. opens pages or does not let you close the window or a tab.
What to do if you have notices these signs on your computer
If you notice any of the signs listed above, do the following:
- Update antivirus databases in a Kaspersky application and run a full scan of your computer.
- If updating is not possible or the application fails to remove a threat, use special disinfection tools. For instructions, see this article.
- If you have detected adware in your browser, remove it in one of the ways described in this article.
- If you know the type of infection, you can try using a corresponding tool from this list.