Restoring data from a backup copy
October 3, 2023
To restore data from a backup copy:
- Open the main application window.
- Select the Performance section.
- In the Backup and Restore block, click the View backup copies button.
This opens the Backup and Restore window.
- Click the Restore files button opposite the relevant backup task.
- Click the Manage storages button to open a window and click the Restore files button opposite the relevant backup storage.
- If a password was specified when the backup copy was created, enter this password in the Enter your password to access the storage window.
- In the Backup date / time drop-down list, select the date and time of creation of the backup copy.
- Do one of the following:
- If you want to restore all data, select the All data check box.
- If you want to restore only certain folders, select the check boxes next to the relevant folders.
- If you want to restore only certain files, select the check boxes next to the relevant files in the Name column.
- To restore only specific types of files, select these file types in the File type drop-down list.
- Click Restore selected files.
This opens the Restore files from backup copies window.
- Select one of the two options:
- Original folder. If this option is selected, the application restores data to the original folder.
- Specified folder. If this option is selected, the application restores data to the specified folder. Click the Browse button to select the folder to which you want to restore data.
- In the If file names conflict drop-down list, select the action to be performed by the application when the name of the file being restored matches the name of the file already present in the destination folder:
- ask – when file names match, the application prompts you to choose one of the following options: replace the file with the backup copy, save both files, or do not restore the file.
- replace file with backup copy – Kaspersky application deletes the existing file and replaces it with the file restored from the backup copy.
- save both files – Kaspersky application leaves the existing file unchanged and saves the file restored from the backup copy under a new name in the same folder.
- do not restore this file – Kaspersky application leaves the existing file unchanged and does not restore the file of the same name from the backup copy.
- Click Restore.
The files selected for recovery will be restored from the backup copy and saved in the specified folder.