Secure connection for a specific website category
September 28, 2023
We recommend that you secure the connection when opening websites where you may enter personal data. Otherwise, your data may be exposed to cybercriminals. For example, you can specify that a secure connection must be activated when you visit payment system websites or social network websites.
You must turn on accessibility for Kaspersky app to use this functionality.
To configure automatic activation of a secure connection for a specific website category:
- Open VPN.
- Tap Settings > Smart Protection.
- Tap Websites.
- Make sure that the switch is turned on.
- Select the website category:
- Payment systems.
- Online stores.
- Social networks.
- Select the action that the app must take when you visit websites in the selected category:
- Secure the connection. The app turns on a secure connection when you visit websites in this category.
- Ask. The app displays a notification and prompts you to turn on a secure connection when you visit websites in this category.
Allow Kaspersky app to send you notifications. Otherwise, the app will not be able to warn you and offer to establish a secure connection. For information on configuring notifications, please refer to your OS documentation.
- Do nothing. The app does not turn on a secure connection when you visit websites in this category.
- Tap Apply.