Databases and application modules check error
When trying to update the databases, you may encounter an error with checking the databases and application modules. In this case, in the Database Update window in the Last update field you will see the status "Failed". Click this status. In the Reports window you will see a line with the databases and application modules check error.
There are several possible reasons for the issue:
- Kaspersky application or server malfunctions
- Power interruption during the database update
- Use of a caching proxy server
- A third party application conflict on the computer
Try launching the database update again. If you encounter the same error, reinstall the application. To do so:
- Download the installation package:
- Kaspersky Standard
- Kaspersky Plus
- Kaspersky Premium
- Kaspersky Internet Security
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus
- Kaspersky Total Security
- Kaspersky Small Office Security
For instructions on how to find out what application is installed on your computer, see this article.You can no longer download Kaspersky Security Cloud. Switch to our new Kaspersky Premium solution.
- Uninstall the current version of the application. See this article for instructions. To retain your current license, select the License information or Subscription details checkbox in the Saving objects window when uninstalling the application.
- Restart your computer.
- Run the installation file and follow the installation instructions:
- The information about the active license or subscription will be loaded automatically. If the license information is not added automatically, activate the application. For instruction on how to activate a Kaspersky application, see:
The application will be reinstalled and work-ready.
What to do if the error persists
If the solution did not work, contact Kaspersky Customer Service.