How to configure VPN for website categories
October 2, 2023
Not available in some regions.
By default, Kaspersky VPN does not establish a secure connection when you open websites in a browser. You can configure activation of VPN for different website categories if Kaspersky Plus or Kaspersky Premium is installed and activated on your computer. For example, you can specify that VPN must be enabled when you visit websites of payment systems or social networks.
To configure VPN for website categories:
- Open the main application window.
- In the main application window, click the button.
- Select Settings → Websites.
- Click the Settings button.
This opens the Rules for connection to websites window.
- Select website category:
- Banking websites. This category includes websites of banks.
- Payment systems. This category includes websites of payment systems.
- Internet shops with online payment. This category includes websites of online retailers with built-in payment systems.
- Social networks. This category includes websites of social networks.
- Select an action triggered by visiting this website category:
- Enable VPN. The application will activate VPN when visiting websites of this category.
- Ask. When visiting any website in this category, the application will ask you whether a VPN should be established for this website. In the browser window, choose the appropriate action and select the Remember my choice for this website check box. The application will perform the chosen action every time you visit this website. If the check box is not selected, the application remembers your choice for one hour.
- Ignore. The application will not establish a VPN when visiting websites of this category.
- If the Enable VPN option is selected, in the Select drop-down list, specify the location of the VPN server through which you want to establish a VPN connection for this website category.
- Select the Notify when enabled check box if you want to receive notifications about a secure connection being enabled when you visit this category of websites.
By default, Kaspersky VPN Secure Connection does not prompt you to enable VPN if the HTTPS protocol is used to connect to a website.