What to do if a Kaspersky application prompts you to decrease the license term
This article concerns:
- Kaspersky Basic, Standard, Plus, Premium
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus
- Kaspersky Internet Security
- Kaspersky Total Security
When activating a Kaspersky application, you may see a window prompting you to enter the previous activation code or, alternatively, decrease the license term.
Users who have already purchased an activation code for Kaspersky Anti-Virus, Kaspersky Internet Security or Kaspersky Total Security can purchase a new activation code at a discount. For this reason, each time you try to activate a Kaspersky application on your computer the application will check your computer for previously used activation codes:
- In case the information about the previous activation code is found, the license term gets extended for a full period.
- In case the application was unable to find the needed information, you will see a window prompting you to enter the previous activation code manually. Select the Enter the previous activation code, type the code into the field and then click Next.
If you enter a code that corresponds to a Kaspersky product activation code, the license term gets extended for a full period.
You will encounter an error if there is an issue with the code you have entered:
- The code is invalid
- The code is blocked
- The code was not found by the activation server
- The code is not applicable in the region where the renewal is performed
- The code has already been used for renewal
- The code was issued as a promo campaign for free
In this case, select I agree to decrease license validity period and click Next.
The application will activate the license with a shorter term.
Where to find the previous activation code
- If you bought the product in the online store, look up the email message in the mailbox you used for purchase.
- If you bought a boxed version of the Kaspersky application, then the activation code will be included in the Quick Start Guide.
- If you connected the application to your My Kaspersky account, then you can also find the activation code in the Subscriptions section in your account.
How to tackle related problems
If you have the previous activation code for your product but are unable to activate it for the full term, contact Kaspersky customer service by choosing the topic and filling out the form. In your request, specify the license key number and the new activation code.