How to update databases in Kaspersky Internet Security 19
Update requires an active license and connection to the internet.
By default, the database update starts as soon as you install the application and apply the license. Since then, the databases will be updated with optimal intervals. During virus outbreaks, updates are released and downloaded more often.
You can also start an update manually or set a custom update schedule.
Scroll down to watch the video about how to update databases in Kaspersky Internet Security.
How to update antivirus databases manually
To update databases of Kaspersky Internet Security, use one of the following ways:
- In the lower right corner of Desktop (Taskbar notification area), right-click the Kaspersky Internet Security icon and select Update on the shortcut menu. If the application icon is hidden from the notification area, click the Show hidden icons arrow.
- In the main window, click Database Update → Run update.
- If you’re not sure how to open the application, see this article.
The following files are downloaded and installed on your computer during updates:
- Antivirus databases. Antivirus databases contain threat descriptions and methods used to combat them.
- Application modules. They eliminate application vulnerabilities, develop the existing functions and add new ones.
- New application version. The application downloads and installs the new version automatically by default on top of a previous version. If you experience any issues with the automatic application upgrade, download the new version from the Kaspersky website and install it manually.
How to find the databases release date
Hover the mouse pointer over the Kaspersky Internet Security icon in the Desktop notification area: If the application icon is hidden from the notification area, click the Show hidden icons arrow.
In the pop-up window, you will see the databases release date.
What to do in case of update problems
If you experience problems with database update, try looking up your issue in the Update errors section.
If the issue persists or if your issue is not described, submit a request to Kaspersky Customer Service by choosing the topic of your request.