How to remove a Kaspersky application
Optimal protection for Windows
Kaspersky for Windows protects your digital life with technologies that go beyond anti-virus.
How to remove a Kaspersky application for Windows
If it is not possible to remove the application with standard Windows tools, use the kavremover tool. For instructions, see this article.
To remove a Kaspersky application:
- Right-click the application icon in the lower-right corner of the Desktop and click Exit. If the application icon is hidden, click .
- If the confirmation window appears, click Confirm.
- Open the Control Panel. See the Microsoft support website for instructions.
- Go to Programs and Features.
- Select your Kaspersky application and click Uninstall/Change.
- If the application is password-protected, enter the password. Click Yes.
- If you have forgotten the password, reset it. See this article for instructions.
- Click Next.
- If the application is password-protected, enter the password again. Click Next.
- Save the activation code in My Kaspersky for future use:
- If you were signed in to My Kaspersky, click Next.
- If you were not signed in, click Save and sign in from the application interface that opens. Return to the uninstallation wizard and click Next.
This step does not appear if you are uninstalling of Kaspersky Security Cloud. In this case your code is already saved in My Kaspersky.
- Select the checkboxes beside the data you want to save. Click Next.
- Click Remove.
- Click Yes to reboot the computer.
The Kaspersky application has been removed.
If the removal using the regular Windows tools failed, use the kavremover tool. For instructions, see this article.
How to remove a Kaspersky application for macOS
To remove a Kaspersky application on macOS, follow the instructions specific to your application:
How to remove a Kaspersky app for Android
To remove a Kaspersky app from an Android device, follow the instructions specific to your app:
How to remove a Kaspersky app for iOS
To remove a Kaspersky Safe Kids for iOS, follow the instructions in this article.
You can remove other Kaspersky apps for iOS in the normal way. See the Apple support website for instructions.
What to do in case of errors during removal
If errors occur during uninstallation, or something else prevents you from removing the application, contact Kaspersky Customer Service by choosing the topic and filling out the form.
Please also attach to your request: