Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware Tool for Business 1.0, 2.0, 3.0: end of life
Latest update: June 07, 2019 ID: 15150
Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware Tool for Business versions 1.0, 2.0 and 3.0 have reached end of life.
After August 31 2019 we will completely stop updates for these product versions.
If you are still using these versions, you have the following options:
- Recommended option: Get premium version of Kaspersky Lab products and enjoy full stack of protection technologies with automated management system (cloud or on-premises based on your choice).
The migration from Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware Tool to premium products is fully automated.
- Upgrade to the latest Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware Tool for Business 4.0.
You will find the link to KART 4.0 in your email box registered for KART program (or register again if you can’t find it).
Main benefits of KART 4.0
- Windows Server operating system support. You can now protect computers running desktop (Windows 7-10) and server operating systems (Windows Server 2008 R2-2019).
- Shared folders protection. Kaspersky Anti-Ransomware Tool for Business now is able to prevent attempts made by other network machine to encrypt shared folders.
- Crypto-miners prevention. In addition to malware objects, the application can now detect and block adware, pornware, and riskware objects (including crypto-mining software).
- Daily reports delivery. A daily delivery option is now available for the detected objects report, along with monthly and weekly reports.
- Redesigned Installation Wizard. The application is now installed with a more consistent user experience.
- Settings migration from KART 1.0 versions is not supported.
- If you migrate from 2.0 or 3.0 version, the following settings will be migrated automatically:
- Manage apps
- Blocked apps
- Trusted apps
- Settings/Proxy server
- Mode (User/Administrator/...)
- Report schedule
- E-mail settings:
- Admin's e-mail
- SMTP adress
- SMTP Port
- Connection security
- Log application events
You can not migrate current settings – just install KART 4.0 version with the following command line key "MIGRATE_SETTINGS=0" key. In GUI installation, this option is not supported.