Blocking unwanted email (spam)
October 3, 2023
If you receive large amounts of unwanted messages (spam), we recommend that you enable the Anti-Spam component and set the Optimal security level for it.
To enable Anti-Spam and set the Optimal security level:
- Open the main application window.
- Click in the lower part of the main window.
This opens the Settings window.
- Select the Privacy settings section.
- Select the Anti-Spam component.
The window displays the settings of Anti-Spam.
- Enable Anti-Spam using the switch.
- In the Security level section, make sure that the Optimal security level is set.
The following limitations apply to Anti-Spam:
- The Anti-Spam component can only analyze messages that are fully downloaded from the mail server, regardless of the protocol used.
- The Anti-Spam component does not check mail transferred using MAPI protocol.
The Anti-Spam component is disabled when you upgrade to a more recent application version. You can enable the component manually.
In some versions of the application, to enable the Anti-Spam component, you must accept the terms of the Statement regarding data processing for Anti-Spam.