Setting VPN rules for known Wi-Fi networks
September 28, 2023
If you regularly connect your device to a specific Wi-Fi network, you can preconfigure secure connection settings for that network.
To configure automatic activation of a secure connection for known Wi-Fi networks:
- Open VPN.
- Tap Settings > Smart Protection.
- Tap For known Wi-Fi networks.
A list of known Wi-Fi networks is displayed. If there are no known Wi-Fi networks, the list is empty.
- Select the Wi-Fi network for which you want to configure secure connection settings.
- Select an action for this network:
- Do as for unsecured. When you connect your device to this Wi-Fi network, the application uses the settings specified for unsecured Wi-Fi networks. This applies to known networks that are unsecured. If the network is secure, the app does nothing.
- Secure the connection. When you connect your device to this Wi-Fi network, the application turns on a secure connection.
- Do nothing. When you connect your device to this Wi-Fi network, the application does not turn on a secure connection.
- Tap Apply.