A scan task freezes or stops
Show applications and versions that this article concerns
- Kaspersky Standard, Plus, Premium
- Kaspersky Security Cloud
- Kaspersky Internet Security
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus
- Kaspersky Total Security
- Kaspersky Small Office Security
A scan task (quick scan, full scan or selective scan) freezes or stops.
- Hardware of your computer does not meet system requirements for Kaspersky applications.
- iChecker or iSwift technologies are disabled in the settings of a Kaspersky application. For details about iChecker and iSwift, see Online Help.
- Make sure your computer meets the system requirements. For system requirements, see Online Help:
- Enable iChecker and iSwift. See the guide below.
How to enable iChecker and iSwift
- Open Security.
- Click Choose scan.
- Click the icon for Quick scan.
- Click Advanced settings.
- Scroll down to Scan technologies and select the checkboxes for iSwift technology and iChecker technology.
- Click Save and confirm your action if required.
iSwift and iChecker are enabled.
Repeat steps 3-6 for Full Scan and Selective Scan tasks.
What to do if the issue persists
If the issue persists, contact Kaspersky Customer Service.
In your request:
- Attach a report made with the Kaspersky Get System Info tool.
- If the scan stops at the same file, add its name and location.